Ontario College Diploma | 2 years
In our Welding and Fabrication Technician diploma program, you’ll get hours of hands-on training in labs that are like a professional welding workplace. This will prepare you for a strong welding apprenticeship and career.
• Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
• Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
• Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
• Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW)
• Flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead welding
• Structural and pipe/pressure vessel applications
When you graduate from this diploma program, you’ll have the skills you need to begin an apprenticeship as a: welder, boilermaker, pipefitter, steamfitter, millwright, or sheet-metal mechanic.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, including these required courses:
• One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U)
or Mature student status.
Applicants who do not meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually regarding other related programs.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Sheridan at CCTT’s English proficiency requirements.
Some of the courses you can expect to take in your program:
Get the advanced knowledge you need to begin a welding career in two years