Ontario College Diploma | 2 years
Using your laptop in our Internet-connected classrooms, you’ll complete interactive assignments and learn the skills most in demand by today’s employers. The two-year program focuses on the higher-level technical and professional skills required if you wish to work in an executive office.
• Advanced administrative functions such as arranging travel and taking minutes
• Executive support skills such as banking and payroll
• Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Business writing, Internet research and report writing skills
• Leadership skills needed by office supervisors
• Webpage design including combining text, graphics, audio and video
• Oral presentation skills
• Job search and interview techniques
When you’ve completed the first three terms and have met a prescribed GPA, you can choose either an Administrative Simulation course or a Field Placement course. Both prepare you for entry-level support positions in a business, government or professional office. This experience can be invaluable when you’re ready to look for a professional executive assistant or administrative assistant position.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, including these required courses:
• One English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or ENG4U) with a minimum 60%
• Minimum 65% overall average
or Mature student status
Applicants who do no meet the admission requirements for this program will be assessed and advised individually regarding other related programs.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Sheridan’s English proficient requirements.
Some of the courses you can expect to take in your program:
Gain the skills to provide specialized administrative support